Monday, February 05, 2007

Third Week: People Are A Pain

Well, the third week has already flown by and its time to take a look back at what I did. This week I was able to install in the Laverne Krause Gallery in the Cinema Effect class show. My piece was titled "One November" and can be seen on the web at www.onenovember.com . Although this piece wasn't originally made for a gallery setting, it seemed to work mildly well there. As far as the BFA, read the following...

UPDATE:
  • After calling Mr. Murphy about 5 times, he finally got back to me. I was trying to get in contact with him all week, but to no avail. The good news is he called back. The bad news is he is still working out the details of my installation with his lawyer. I have to sign a liability form that is put together by his lawyer that covers his insurance at the site.
  • A few weeks ago I stumbled across a project called Detroit. Demolition. Disneyland. They paint derelict houses around Detroit in Tiggeriffic Orange. They are trying to call attention to ruined homes around Detroit. You can find their home site at this link and they had a good NPR radio report that you can view here. The city really doesn't like what they are doing, but in fact, I find it a really good way to create awareness about the community around you. In a way, my project calls attention to these abandoned space as much as this DDD does.

No comments: