Monday, February 05, 2007

Fourth Week: I'm An Art Student...

Well, the weeks seem to be flying by so fast lately. I just went through my second full week of work, and I must say, it has been draining. Basically I have been busy from 6am til' 9pm. So, finding time to do my work has been difficult. This week has been basically about working the phones and trying to get donations. I did an installation in the Washburne Gallery and it will be up during the entirety of week fiv. My installation is entitled "Live Feed" and is in the ceramics building. The code is 4:5:3 to get in. Here comes the update!

UPDATE:
  • Well, I have made contact at the United Rental location. His name is John and although he was only a truck driver, I think we had a connection. I found out the managers name was Ron. So, as in the same form as I did with Mr. Murphy, I have been peppering him with phone calls to try to get a meeting. I have put together a package of information that will help him see my plan and in the end, I need him to DONATE the use of the light towers to me as well as 1-2 generators. The trick will be convincing him that I am an art student and that allowing me to use his equipment will be good for his business. I am planning to include his business information on my printed material so it could make it more viable to him. More on this later.

No comments: