Saturday, February 10, 2007

Fifth Week: Arghy Hargh Peeky Poo

Wow, we're already through week five. This term is flying by, which is both good and bad. Good, in that I am getting closer to graduating. Bad in that I have a lot to do before the BFA project comes together. This week I had an installation at the Eric Washburne Gallery entitled "Live Feed". I think that it was generally well received and I had a lot of feedback on it from non-art students as well, which is always healthy. Check out this little documentation I did of it:



UPDATE:
  • I was finally able to get a hold of Ron from United Rentals. It seems like he may be a rough sell, but I hope that I can win him over. I called just to set up a meeting with him and immediately he sniffed out my hints of donations, even though I never said the word. I first mentioned I was looking to get some kind of reduced rate and he immediately got huffy. He said that I will have to give him some information and if he will allow it, he will send it forward to Corporate. Corporate: such a dreaded word! Anyway, I sent him the e-mail today so we'll have to see how it all turns out.
  • I am working on an audio portion of my project. This is a new development that will play in the transportation on the way to the factory. I assume it will last about 10 minutes and will play prior to arriving at the factory site. I'm working on a script as I write this. It will most likely combine stories from the factory and the file I have as well as some statistics about logging or industry. But I'll have it more nailed down soon.

No comments: