I also read an article entitled "Is Hef really having a better time at the Playboy Mansion than you are at home?" by John Carlton. The article basically discusses the authors realization that you shouldn't compare this glammed up life of luxury to your own, when in fact your life is a lot more interesting. He says:
Abe Lincoln was right -- most people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be. I am blessed with a deep list of good friends and colleagues. People who can lift my spirits in a two-minute chat. People I rely on, and who rely on me and make my life full and robust.
I found a lot of connections between this articles message and creating artwork based on honesty with self rather than buying into the latest fads. That article can be found here.
UPDATES:
- I heard great news this week that Ron Boching from United Rental will be allowing me to take 25% off my rental at United Rental. This probably will save me nearly $100 or more. So thats great, but the cost is still out of my reach. I may have to call some manufacturers to get a better feel for donations.
- I finished the group show with Ben Young, Nathan Dinihinian, Jenna Bryant and Tyrone Swanson. It turned out great. We had a good mix of people at the opening and it seemed that a lot of people came through. Our show was a mixed media and concept show, but it did a good job to give a view of where we all are at in the art making process.
- The highlight of my weekend was checking out the Oregon Logging Conference to do a little research on the logging industry. I came out with a good feel about the people and machines that were doing this work. Check out the photos here:






No comments:
Post a Comment