Update:
- This week I talked to Sana Krusoe a little about my project and she was nice enough to give me the contact information to her brother who works on lighting for movies in Los Angeles. I gave him a call this week and he e-mailed me back. So far, I sent him a description of my project. It read as follows :
Dear Patrick, Thank you so much for your response. Before I go into too much detail on the project, take a look at the attached photos. Two of the photos show conceptual images, another is the floor plan for the site and the final is some images of the site itself. If you want to see more images follow this link: http://www.uoregon.edu/~avandyk/bfa/first_visit/ Now, let me try to give you a better idea what I am doing for my installation. I am lighting the interior of an abandoned lumber mill in Swisshome, Oregon. The site is devoid of any facilities (electricity, water, etc) and is about a one hour drive from Eugene itself. My installation date is planned for an evening in May As you can see in the conceptual images there are many holes in the factory sides, the roof, windows etc. I would like to create the effect of light spilling out from these holes into the night. To do this, I want to use a Magnum MLT 5060M MH light tower and several generators which can support multiple halogen lights of 500-750 watts. The light towers operate on generators, so the lack of electricity will be solved. Also, I have read that these light towers can put out 3-4 acres of light, so two of them should be enough to cover the main factory floor. The smaller generators will light the interior of the shop and the office / break room that you see on the floor plan. I hope this gives you a better idea as to what I am doing. At this time, I am trying to have this equipment donated to me from United Rental. I have asked for two days of rental so that I can align the lights on the first day and on the second have my audience visit the site. My main question for you is: will the lights listed above give me the desired effect? And if not, is there a way to achieve this effect? I truly appreciate your time and I hope that we can have a small discussion about the project in the future. I am available for contact during the day at 503.708.8286. If you prefer, I can call you to cover any long distance charges. Thank you for your time, Andrew Van Dyk - I called Ron Bocking Ron Boching of United Rental to check up on the progress on my proposal, but he said that he didn't get my e-mail last week, so I sent him another this week. Since I didn't show them last week, here are the images that I sent along with the e-mail to give him a better idea what I am doing.





2 comments:
Man that crazy photoshop work is hilarious.
Oh and the plant looks awesome by the way.
Post a Comment